Tuesday, November 30, 2004

She's Still Dead

Boston

It's only been about six months since the last one but yesterday evening there was another "exclusive" TV documentary on about Diana featuring all manner of "explosive" and "shocking" revelations. I'm a bit of a sucker for royal gossip but even I was hard pressed to sit through a whole hour of the breathless NBC show, although I now know that Charles and Di only met 13 times before the wedding and during their marriage only had sex once every three weeks. Part two is next week; my breath is anything other than bated.

I spent the day across the Charles River from the main city of Boston in the Cambridge area, home to the campuses of Harvard and MIT. Harvard is especially nice to stroll around, differing from British universities in that the grass is all well kept, the buildings are lovely and nobody is drinking in the afternoon. I went to a grill place for lunch where all the burgers have amusing names. I was tempted by the 'Dick Cheney' ("only a heartbeat away") and 'John Kerry' ("only flipped once") but in the end opted for a 'Tony Blair.' It turned out to be a bacon cheeseburger with onions which certainly filled a hole, although I'm not entirely sure what the significance of those toppings is.

1 Comments:

At 1 December 2004 at 04:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.

You should have had a ******* (expletive deleted) Richard Nixon, with Watergate ice to follow !!

See you,

Buda

.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home