Saturday, October 02, 2004

Spitting

Beijing

If there's one thing the Chinese love to do, it's spit. You can't go down a street here without someone nearby gobbing on the pavement. Walking around the Temple of Heaven earlier, the peaceful ambience of the gardens was regularly shattered by a local desperately trying to hack up enough phlegm to empty all over the grass. Yesterday I was walking down the street past a cafe when a man opened the door, spat on the street right in front of me, then shut the door again. It wouldn't surprise me if they make it an Olympic event for 2008, at least they'd be guaranteed a home win. I've never seen a nation with a bad habit to compare. I'm sure Bob Carolgees would like it here.

1 Comments:

At 2 October 2004 at 14:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.

Now there's a name from the past...and Spit the dog....woof woof !!


Buda
.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home