Sunday, October 10, 2004

Modern Art Is Rubbish

San Francisco

It's another beautiful day and I spent a happy hour this morning in the sunshine reading the San Francisco Chronicle. It's much like another decent American paper, only with an added sprinkling of stuff about homosexuality and/or the 1960s. Feeling suitably liberal and hip I decided to take in the local Museum of Modern Art. The paintings in there weren't able to shift me from my long-held view that most art of that ilk isn't very good. Thankfully 'SFMoMA' (as it chooses to style itself, as if just being a modern art museum isn't pretentious enough) has a wide range of more interesting stuff including lots of excellent American photography, various bits of design and a great selection of Polish film posters. Tonight I'm going to check out some performance art that's more my thing as Badly Drawn Boy plays the legendary Fillmore, or 'FLMoR' as it's probably soon about to rebrand itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home