Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Bargain

Ulan Bator

Saw the first evidence of the great man last night as I went for a pint of Genghis beer in the Genghis jazz club. After that moved on to a restaurant where I got a bowl of soup (mutton, naturally) a plate of steak with onions, potatoes and veg and another beer all for five dollars. That's less than three pounds. Feeling very satisfied I went back to my perfectly good two-quid-a-night hostel (breakfast included) and tried to work out how long I could make my budget last by staying here. I've probably got enough just to hang around indefinitely, although given my inability to ride, hunt or milk anything I don't think I'd be an attractive proposition on the labour market.

1 Comments:

At 21 September 2004 at 20:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nor was:

Coleman was the face and voice of sport on the Beeb for nearly 50 years, and had perhaps the pithiest catchphrase of all time - "Errrr".

And he's still around.

Could he hunt??

Actually, after last week in HOC can anyone hunt??

.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home