Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Strong Cocktails

Budapest

Went out last night with my stepsisters to a bar/restaurant owned by a former world boxing champion. Marianne's boyfriend knew someone who worked there so we were ushered into the back room where pictures of various celebrities adorned the walls, as well as one of David Coulthard's old McLarens. Given his form this season he'd probably rather still be using it, but it looked great backlit and in a huge case in the wall of this place.

I was told to have a Long Island Iced Tea. I don't usually drink cocktails especially as the ones you get back in Britain are either weak, expensive or both. It quickly became obvious the reverse is the case over here. On taking a first quick slurp I practically choked it was so strong. After gamely finishing it I took refuge in some dark looking Czech beer, much more my normal kind of thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home