Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Making a Meal Of It

Munich

Trying to get hold of some lunch earlier I went along to the Viktualienmarkt and did my best with the local stallholders. At a butchers, I picked something random off the board (mainly because it had the word "schwein" in it)  not realising it meant sausages. Forced through sheer embarrassment into buying a couple I decided against eating them raw and left them on a bench for some fortunate passing dog. The beer-guzzling Bavarians were starting to creep me out, so I ran away and hid in the Englischer Garten.

I can't decide whether I like this city or not. It's great if you want to consume lots of meat and beer, but I don't really feel like doing much of either today. Probably a few too many bottles of Hell Pilsner last night. You couldn't call it a particularly attractive place for the most part, but I suppose most of the nice stuff got carpet bombed away in 1945. Everyone who lives here seems to be having a good time so I suppose I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, although if I spent as much time drinking as they do here I'd probably look pretty happy too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home