Saturday, July 24, 2004

In a Stupid Ass Way

Brussels

Another heavy night on the rose put me a couple of hours behind schedule today, then I endured a stifling three hour train journey in too-close proximity to a burly black gentleman who diligently read his French bible throughout. I thought better of starting the Charles Bukowski book I was going to read, it's probably best not to offend anyone who could easily have me in a fight.

Brussels seems nice enough, it's modern, quite pretty, not too in-your-face. Probably a good place for middle aged couples to spend a weekend. Judging by the street cafes around the Grand Place I'm not the first person to spot that.

I'm staying in the Jacques Brel youth hostel, which I was very disappointed to discover isn't actually a bordello. In a desperate search for some sleaze (or at the very least an opium den) I just walked down a street of gay bars. No sign of Peter Mandelson yet though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home